[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Hello and straight in with a question!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 14:33:34

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Hello and straight in with a question!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 13:21:46 

Hi all,

Quick note to say hi as am new to this forum. I have a M18MT which was great to build and is great to blast around. Now, I am by no means a racer or an expert so please go easy but........

Am I right that the stock ESC XMC300R, whilst having a brake, it is extremely sensitive and very small in terms of the range of movement on the transmitter stick to engage it? Having many other models with a variety of ESC's I appreciate that levels of braking vary as does the time it takes before reverse engages or the process of doing this. However, I find it impossible to successfully brake, she just blasts straight into reverse. I have set the ESC up as instructed and when held up I can see it kind of doing it but noted that in the manual it mentions that braking period is measure in micro seconds!

where I am going with all this is I want to get an ESC into it that will allow for a bit of braking and not just throw into reverse. I have used LRP and Mtroniks in 1/10 cars and some of those are small enough to physically fit, so it would just be a case of changing the battery plug and the connectors on the motor. What i haven't been able to find out is what turn is the 370 Supersize motor? I am used to having to watch out for turn limits on 540 sized cans and ESC's but no luck finding out the specs for 370.

In short, am I correct that the brake is very sensitive to almost non existence? Will an ESC I would put into a 1/10 work from a technical level - assuming I change relevant ends etc?

Many thanks and BTW, some great models on here. I am nowhere near the level of most on here but hey, you have to start somewhere! FYI am in the UK from an access to parts POV

CPT

Post subject: Re: Hello and straight in with a question!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 05:29:18 

99.9 percent of 1.10th escs will drop in without issue. 1 1/10th motor is 540 size which is a much bigger size than a 380. So even a 1.10th sport esc would be enough for a very modded 1/18th motor.