[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What Brushless System???

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 00:28:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: What Brushless System???
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 02:59:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 05:08:55 

A lot of people use the Mamba system, but the Tekin is supposedly of very high quality too. Although, many say that the Quark 33A is the best micro BL speed controller out right now. I would try a Q33A and a Mamba 6800 motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 07:32:21 

Well Zack Barry has won with the Tekin system. I personally just cant get over the size. Its HUGE to fit into a sedan down low. Its too bad it wasn't made to the same size as the B1.

Quark 22amp is slightly smaller and cheaper than the 33 amp. I think if your doing lower kv motors like 6800kv and under in a micro sedan, I think you shouldn't have problems.

Mamba is ok. I still modded mine to get it to be a smaller footprint. The computer setup link is nice. Its just isnt as smooth as others I have tested (not too much difference though).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 07:33:25 

I dont think the Tekin is the best,they have som awsome products,but the 1:18 systms are way to costy..and that money aint worth it. Maybe,maybe the Tekin ESC is Good,since ya can program it easyier thru radio, but still a lot more money vs Mamba Combo...one friend of mine fried 3 motors in his rc18,another just problems in a Mini-T

I recomend the Tekin,Mamba motor´s 6800-8000 no big diff betwen them

for ESC i can only recomend the Genius30A it is far better, BUT way to big for the M18...Quark 33 "procar" wil be the best.. a 8000/33A combo and right gearing and it is a killer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 08:05:15 

I use Tekins 8k on my M18. It works great. 5, 6, & 8 cells 1400 battery pack. Most cell you can use is 8 cells. The ESC is adjustable. The 8 cell pack is awesome. Settin' the ESC to max, it has so much torque, useing foam tires, centrifugal force will actually throw it off the adaptor.

The only reason I use the Tekins, cuz I've used them since 1984. on my electrics. Mamba, I dont have experience w/it. Maybe I'll try it for the heck of it.Mamba set up.

Price between the two, Tekins Rage w/8k system is cheaper then Castle Creation Mamba setups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 14:45:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 01:17:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 16:43:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:05:10 

Hey

Got my Tekin 5.4 system to fit like a glove.

Since the M18 Pro is a little longer, if two small shims is placed to move the servo forward juuuuuuuust a little, the speedcontroler can be fitted direct on the chassis between the servo and the motor.

NICE :twisted: Currently running at 80% and its still to fast for our small track :shock:

My digicam is broken, when its fixed I will post an image of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 00:11:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 18:31:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 20:20:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 19:04:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 21:33:29 

for racing there is nothing wrong with a good brushed setup. I ran brushed for years till my esc flamed out. Mini Me kicks but with a s300, quatum esc and 2 cell lipo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 15:50:32 

:wink: Sure it is nothing wrong race using a brushed motor. But it will be a good idea to keep them separated between a brushed class and a brushless class or an outlaw class. Since people using many confusing configuration and "evil" touch to make their car faster.
Eg, using a sandwiched FET or change the FET into a lower resistance and higher ampere out type :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 20:14:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 20:58:01 

Long time, no postings. :wink:

I've just bought a cheap HiModel brushless (5940kV) and a 25A ESC. The ESC was defective from the start, but a friend lent me anothe ESC. Although the temporary ESC is made for airplanes (Castle Creations) I was able to test the engine. The 12T pinion was way to small for such power and I put a 16T pinion on.

I ran on a long strip of smooth tarmac and made several runs and measured the top speed with my Bushnell radar gun: 66/68/68/65 km/h for the highest four runs. But it's very hard to keep control when the M18T bounces all the way around. All runs with the stock 1100mAh NiMH 6 cell pack. I do have a 3S LiPo but wouldn't try this without getting foams first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 23:00:08 

Received my new ESC and 3S1P 2200mAh LiPo this week. Also replaced the spur gear bij a steel one and the pinion an alloy type with 2.3mm shaft size. After making some modifications to mount the LiPo using two pieces of the inner tube of a bicycle it fits perfectly. The top speed with the pin tires and 13T pinion is awesome and clocked by radar at 58km/h. The wheels baloon like crazy. :shock: I haven't tried with the 16T pinion and 1:10 onroad tires yet. Hope to do so this weekend.

Perhaps I need to place some lead counterweights on the opposite side of the LiPo to get some balance back. :twisted:

Yep, the right rear linkage is missing because it broke and I'm waiting for a new one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:11:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 00:12:49