[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY M18T General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 14:09:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 07:00:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 07:02:36 

Post subject: Rims
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 19:59:55 

Post subject: Re: Rims
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 20:08:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 20:09:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 00:58:06 

That's unfortunate...

you'll be missing out on an awesome little truck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 17:25:46 

Well after tons of time at the race track I'm selling my M18T with the Mamba 5400, new Diffs front and rear, and new bearings all the way around. The truck I'm sure is an awesome carpet racer but it's just not cut out for the dirt. Between the bearings going, rocks getting caught up in the spur, front end nose diving off of jumps. To be honest, I'm really disappointed in this truck with regards to dirt. I'm really taking pennies for the truck with the amount of money I put into it. Another thing that’s disappointing are the lack of replacement parts available in the US as well as the hop up parts. I had to order parts from the Netherlands and I took a beating on shipping. I wanted to believe in the truck but it didn't hold up.

For everyone asking about the Mamba setup, it fits in perfectly and it handled a 6800 on the dirt track with no diff problems. Super smooth and super fast.

I'm not the Joe Pro driver out there and I don't imitate one. I’m just an amateur like the majority of the people out there. I visit the indoor track about 3-5 times a week which allows me to put in an honest effort tuning the truck. I worked in conjunction with a Semi-Pro racer at my local hobby shop to aid in tuning the truck.

I would like to comment of some of the problems that I've experienced and I hope X-ray is listening.

1) Spur Gear cover – I didn’t see this as a hop-up part available. Absolutely necessary especially if spur gears are on back order and you play in the dirt.

2) Pinion gears - Can you sell them individually? They don't last that long in dirt racing and they get chewed up extremely quick if a rock is stuck in the spur.

3) Springs - I know they are some of the different hop-up parts available but it was extremely upsetting and almost embarrassing at the track when the car would dig into the dirt from a jump. Still waiting for the hop up parts available. I used the springs from the Mini Quake to help the situation. What a difference.

4) Bearings - I had such a hard time with the car going straight. Almost every other run I had problems with the bearings not holding up. It's a pain to trouble shoot and a pain to work on especially trying to get the bearings on and off the plastic Axles, CVDs which brings up the next topic.

5) Plastic CVDs/Axles - The plastic CV joint on the driveshaft is extremely weak and ineffective and falls out of place with a small bump of the wall. The aluminum CVD are out and are a pretty penny. And trying to get the bearing on and off the axles was a pain in itself.

I’ll post the link to eBay when I get it on there. It’s going with a 1.1 amp fast peak charger, 2 batteries, a bunch of replacements parts, Mamba Brushless system 5400, another set of tires, instruction booklet and some bearings. Mini-me – thanks for your help. You are definitely invaluable to this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 18:44:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 14:35:09 

Mario, I was hoping that you can comment on my message from above? Was this designed for both carpet and dirt? Or just carpet? I know they have a Monster Truck conversion kit but I can't see this helping my situation. I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 23:45:46 

8) Mario, what people say is true about dirt. I rc18t with the same problem. The mini-t is the only 1/18th truck with a gear cover. Here in new york our tracks are rougher than those in CA. Please help us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:33:10 

8 days later and no reply from the xray men? thats gotta *** :-) ***.

im still annoyed that Xray have released all the nice looking EXPENSIVE parts, but cant sort out some hardened spur gears for us?

also still annoyed that there is not a spring set avaliable yet either.

it took a year from the date of announcing the M18T to its actual release..didnt you guys think about sorting the hop ups out during those 365 days?

i personally feel let down by the m18t. ive had it since day one and driven in 2 times now. all the other time has been spent waiting for the parts to repair it.

edit: su ck is censored?? lol

Post subject: Does Xray believe in the M18T?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 17:20:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 17:40:48 

Post subject: X-Ray for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 22:27:05 

I couldn't agree with you more. Here's my auction.

I just put it on there..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 23:30:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 00:38:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 00:48:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 01:19:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 20:15:39 

I have also sold mine. I kept going through upper suspension arms. I know if I didn't bump the walls I wouldn't break. But I do hit things. Not even that hard. Too bad, I love the way the truck handles and jumps. The top qualifier each week is an M18T. He is also a great driver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 13:55:24 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next